Recipes

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Aunt Pauline's dressing..

A good many years ago my mother-in-law asked me to make the dressing for our Thanksgiving dinner. I had never made dressing before in my life.  So I started looking at recipes and this is what I came up with. And needless to say per my family this is a must every Thanksgiving now.

Paulines  Dressing and gravy

1 cake of cornbread crumbled
1 can biscuits cooked and crumbled
1 tbs. butter
1 c. green onions chopped
1 can cream of celery soup
poultry season to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1 can cream chicken soup
1 chicken breast cooked and shredded 
1 can chicken broth

Saute chopped onions in butter until tender.
Mix cornbread,biscuits,soups, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper, shredded chicken together and if not moist enough you can add a little milk. 
Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

gravy

2 boiled eggs chopped
broth from chicken breast 
1/4 cup flour
salt and pepper to taste

Mix the broth, flour, salt and pepper and whisk until thickness is desired. add eggs and chicken last and stir.  





No comments:

Post a Comment