Recipes

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Shrimp and Grits

Yum!!  This is a dish that when I first heard of it, I was like weird combination. :) But once I actually tasted it, I was completely hooked. It is really yummy.. I always tell my kids dont say you dont like something unless you have actually tried it first..

3/4 cup uncooked grits
6 oz shredded cheese
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic minced
2 lbs. fresh shrimp peeled and deveined
1/2 lemon juiced
salt and pepper to taste
1 pinch cayenne pepper

Cook grits according to package directions. Stir in cheese and cayenne pepper. Keep warm. Heat butter and oil in a large skillet and saute garlic and stir in shrimp and lemon juice. Saute until shrimp are pink. season with salt and pepper. Spread warm grits on a serving  plate and pour shrimp on top and enjoy....



No comments:

Post a Comment