Recipes

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Vegetable Beef Soup

This is one of my favorite soup's to eat in the winter.  My Husband and I are on a getaway for our anniversary in Boone, NC. It is very cold here and this is what I want to eat to warm me up.  


1 lb. ground beef or left over roast
1 can diced tomatoes
1 1\2 cup frozen limas
1 1\2 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen mixed vegetable
2 can diced potatoes
2 cans beef broth

Brown and drain the ground beef.  Mix the tomatoes,limas corn, beef broth and potatoes together in a large pot bring to a rapid boil and turn on low and simmer for 20 minutes. If you have some left over pot roast you can use the meat and the juice its left in and omit the broth. I love to make cornbread to go with this soup. I make it by the directions on the cornmeal package, but I use buttermilk and a cast iron skillet to bake it in greased in butter.


No comments:

Post a Comment